Saturday 2 June 2012

play days

Friday was spent in mote park with friends. 3 families from our home ed groups met up in the park and promptly camped out for the day. We were soon joined by several families from a local attachment parenting group we also belong to so there were quite a few of us in the end. All pick-nicking and playing and enjoying the weather. WE also had our niece with us whom we child mind 3/4 days a week and she was a little escape artist. She kept escaping out of the gate or trying to borrow strangers scooters or buggies. She certainly kept us on our toes....and kept people guessing as we could see the looks on their faces when faced with a black child with 2 white adults who she insisted on calling mummy or daddy...lol.

Today we are off in search of a car....not that we can afford one but we can't afford not to get one either if that makes sense. The one we borrow from the ninja's mater is ok but a very expensive to run 2 litre petrol.....ouch...and actually not big enough for all of our camping gear etc which we definitely need with the summer coming and my BSL course soon finishing. Freedom will soon be ours again although I am seriously considdering studying the pre level 2 BSL course. It is something I am keen to do but is a commitment of 30 weeks so once again we would be tied to the school timetable.....not to mention if we continue with our plans of TTC later in the year. The level 2 BSL itself is then another 30 weeks after that which means a 2 year commitment and I am really not sure about that. It is a real sticking point with me at the moment....especially as I would be able to continue to study with the friends I have made which makes a big difference...we could continue with our 'practice' sessions at the local bar. *cough*

Still it has been nice to go out and be myself for 1 night a week.....the first time in years actually as I can relax knowing my girls are safe with their wonderful daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment