Monday 11 June 2012

new car !!!!!!

Yay......we finally picked up our new (to us) car on Saturday. Munch was uber excited and had been bugging me to take her with me to pick it up. It took 3 trains to get there and it was only 25 miles away but was a great adventure. She memorised the route with me and counted how many stops before we had to change. She even randomly recognised a parked car on the last leg of the journey which we walked......just as I was beginning to think we had taken a wrong turn. Still we got it and all is good. The main source of disapointment is that I had hoped that Ttinkerbell's car seat would be able to go in the rearward facing seats thus giving us the added protection of ERF without the expensive new car seat. Unfortunately if the seats face rearward then only the lap belts are available which does not secure the car seat......bit of a bummer as we had just bought a new car seat in the hopes it would last until she didn't need one any more....so a good few years. Also the hope was that the old one we could put in the loft for a short while until needed for a new addition....thus actually saving some money....well at least that is what I told my hubby lol. However if the new law comes into play before then we will have to buy an ERF seat which keeps them rear facing until around 4 years old so we may still have to buy a new seat anyway.

In other news I am such a scatter brain I completely forgot about work on Friday....and I mean completely. Not good when your mother in law/ boss lives with you. She walked in the door about half 7 and said "aren't you supposed to be somewhere?" myself and hubby just looked at her blankly.....and then it slowly clicked that I should have been at work by 6.....not good considering our strained relationship at the moment...still never mind. Although in my defence being half term my routine had completely changed and I had lost track of days....plus other sister in law was here until just gone 7 dropping of her Sugar Plum before heading to her night shift.

Lots of free play happening here this weekend. Lots of imaginative dressing up and dancing. Munch watched Street Dance yesterday and has decided that it is something she may be interested in so the feelers are out for a local group...or maybe we will set one up, who knows.




No comments:

Post a Comment