Sunday 17 June 2012

another busy week...

...where I feel as though we have got very little done. Maybe that's just because I feel like I am being judged on everything constantly at the moment....the ongoing stress is getting to me but I am trying to rise above it. I just want us to have our own space back now as a family so that we can live how we want to live....ie organically, mostly vegan, in a smoke free home hopefully without a television. Although hubby is trying to sway me about the TV as we have a wii that the children enjoy playing....when the winter comes anyway and we have wii fit and yoga which we are supposed to be following a fitness program on. It is a bit difficult though when there is pretty much constantly some one asleep either directly above or below the living room. Still we just have to wait and see how long before they get it sorted and go. I did ask the ninja if he thought anyone would notice if I went on strike and he said they definitely would....and maybe I should do it just to show them how much I do actually do.

It has got to a point that he actually nearly had a row with his mum the other day over it....basically he was saying something about me cleaning and she basically gave one f those funny little laughs and said something along the lines of yeah, right kinda thing. So of course being the lovely hubby he is he had to say something and point out just how much I do actually do....despite 3 adults and 2 children constantly undoing everything I do.

He is also pretty close to telling her that his sister has to go now anyway. He has been getting very cross with her and her attitude in general. It has also come to light that she has pretty much constantly been stirring trouble with mum....hence the reason mum is now moving out too,  and besmirching me at work...basically claiming that she is the only one who does anything....ever...which is pretty much the same attitude she has with regard to work. What a joke. We just need our own space back now and will not be in a hurry to help family out again.

Moving swiftly on...enough moaning, we have had another pretty busy week.

Monday we were visiting friends locally. Munch is also now going to a different scout group with said friends so that I can drop her off and pick her up. Big relief as she enjoyed going but with me working and the ninja not being able to drive it was too much for him to do 4 trips as he couldn't wait for her there but had to come home. Especially as we are often childminding one of his nieces as well several days/ nights a week.

Tuesday: our lovely home ed meet in Faversham. Is lovely to see how much the group has grown since it started. So much so that it is now moving to weekly instead of fortnightly meets. Although we will still only go once a month as we are trying to get our finances back on track and have another local meet we try to get to as well which runs weekly on a Tuesday. I must admit though that this week I found it exhausting...on the way there the alternator went on the new to us car. To suddenly lose power (turbo diesel car) and all electrics ie lights and window wipers whilst driving along the motorway in torrential rain was a new experience for me. We managed to nurse it the rest of the way but it totally died just as we got into Faversham itself. I then had to unload my 2 little cherubs, 1 borrowed toddler who does not like to walk and a large changing bag plus a large cool bag full of snacks, drinks etc and walk the rest of the way to the youth centre whilst the ginger ninja waited for the AA man. Nice not.....quit funny though really and a bit of an adventure. Although Sugar Plum (the borrowed one) makes everything at least twice as hard. Bless her we are working on her social and interaction skills.....she can be a bit spiteful and definitely not as well behaved as our girls so you are constantly on your toes watching for where she has gone or what she is up to.

Wednesday we had a museum trip to the Cotton-Powell museum near Margate. A lovely place which we didn't get to explore as much as I had hoped as we were with a large group, several of whom were a bit intense and mischievous so everything took a little longer than expected. However I am planning a return trip as there is lots more too see and hopefully the ginger ninja can come with us this time. Munch really enjoyed coil clay pot making and African mask making in the organised work shops though. And it was lovely to see her making/ continuing new friendships, something she would not of done just a few months ago.I did find myself clock watching though as I was very conscious of the fact I had to be at work by 6 and needed to call in to my dad on the way home and pick up some axle stands and a trolley jack.

Gosh...still going...Thursday ...a welcome rest it seemed as I was at my volunteer job as  a nursery assistant in a special needs pre school. It is actually hard work but very rewarding and I do enjoy it. Although sometimes it feels like being at home as i have to wipe noses, read stories, tidy up toys, lunch etc and change nappies. lol.

Friday.....don't even get me started on Friday.....the day of the long anticipated weekend camping trip arrived....with the need to drive to Dartford to pick up a new alternator as the one we had ordered we found to be the  wrong one after the ninja went to fit it. So we all pile din the car and of we went...45 minute drive each way...not too bad all things considered, 30 minutes at the Toyota parts depot....get home and have to do lunch before the children faint away from hunger...you know how they get so starved just sitting in the car with drinks and snacks. So I was double checking the bits I packed whilst the little ones ate and the ninja fitted the correct alternator. We all pile in to the bus and head of to meet our friends. Stop for air in the tires and snacks. Finally get there after some long, twisty roads...only to find that the site is pretty much waterlogged and the guy had phoned our group organiser to cancel and offered us 2 for 1 in exchange in September. So a bit disappointed as Munch was really excited, as were we. Whilst we get on really well with the people we were going with we haven't quite got round to the exchanging numbers stage yet so they couldn't get hold of us to let us know...also we had been a last minute confirmation as the camping place had taken forever to confirm our booking. So we popped into the zoo we had driven past on our way and spent a lovely couple of hours wondering around and relaxing before driving home.

Interspersed with all this weeks drama was plenty of reading, sand play, dressing up watching of movies, horrible histories and free play. not much formal education but we do try to be fairly autonomous and we have had lots of chats about different things and looking things up on the Internet.



No comments:

Post a Comment