Sunday 4 March 2012

Frantic Friday

The plan was to pop and see my pops after lunch, check in with the grandparents and then ...well we would take it from there. We ended up walking into town with pops and both the girls, one of whom was in the new babyhawk on its maiden voyage. All went well considering it was such a long walk around town and back up a long, long hill. Still it was cool, if a little back breaking lol. We then had to rush back for Munch to get to her Cubs group...and of course we got stuck in traffic so only just made it. When I picked her up it turns out the time had changed as it was the AGM and we should have been there 6-7:30 instead of the usual 6:30 until 8...red faces all round I think...poor little mite had been waiting with Baloo for about 15 mins after the other kids had left :(

 Was nice to actually see my dad for  bit, something I have missed more as I get older and especially since home edding. There are so many memories I have of my childhood just walking, exploring and learning with my dad and brother. To me it is what home ed is all about, family and fun. We have many skills in my family and I really want my children to learn them while they have the chance. For instance my amazing dad is a self taught photographer, mechanic of (most) things with 2 wheels and many with 4..a keen ornithologist and astronomer...(he has oodles of kit and know how) I don't know how he fits so much information in his head. He is my inspiration in many things especially home ed. I learnt more from him than I ever did at school. My grandparents are very crafty in that they weave baskets, sow, knit etc as well as paint beautiful barge art and can grow almost anything. As no one knows what tomorrow may bring I think it is important for the girls to have the opportunities I did, although I must confess I did not appreciate them as much as I should at the time.

The rest of this damp dismal weekend has been spent lounging on the sofa and cuddling 2 poorly little girls with the dreaded D&V bug. Apart from last night when we had to go food shopping and on the way back we helped a chap who had come off his motorbike. Thankfully he seemed ok and the bike only looked to have minor damage...apart from the fairing which is unfortunately the expensive plastic bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment