Tuesday 17 April 2012

Explosions galore

Yesterday we popped over to a hall meet in Rochester. It is a fairly new meet but seems to be going well. Grace got fully involved meeting new people and playing with some old friends. I think the best part was building volcanoes with plastic bottles and play dough which were then filled with baking powder and vinegar with a few drops of food colouring.

Cue giggles and excited squeals as the chemical reaction produced 'lava' and lots of foam. Of course we were so busy doing it that we forgot to take pictures

There was then time for free play  (dodging the showers outside) before the cola and mentos experiment. I had only ever seen this on youtube and had asked CJ to try it with the girls before but had never quite got round to it somehow. It was hilarious to watch the children's faces filled with anticipation and amazement. Mind you I think Tinkerbell was just as fascinated...or maybe she just thought she could eat the mints.

Today I am on a course after the Easter break...Learning support which only has a couple of weeks left so I spent most of the break trying to catch up on my portfolio. Now I have to concentrate on the dreaded maths section and then onto making/adapting a learning resource. If I can finally decide which one to do. CJ and the Tinkerbell are visiting family today...Tinks loves her cousin Yiyey (her pronunciation of Lily) and Grace is with friends at Forest school...in the rain...and mud so is probably having a whale of a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment